Saturday, January 26, 2008

Truth

Well, this should be a nice little break from the seriousness of my last post.

"The truth is like sunlight...People used to think it was good for you." Every day, I find that quote to be more and more true. If you ask me a question and ask for a completely truthful answer, Im not going to sugar-coat it for you. Thats what the truth is. Its the blunt answer without any alterations. If you cant handle the truth, then why would you ask to hear it? Lately, people have been asking me for the truth about a lot of different things, and every time I give them the full-hearted true answer, they get upset at me for doing so. I tell it like it is, and I expect other people to do the same to me. I would much rather take the truth than a lie, even if the truth hurts, and I would NEVER get upset at someone for doing so.

People are so greedy. They want everything tailored to themselves. They want to hear the truth, but only if its convenient for them. They cant stand the idea of someone lying to them, yet they lie to everyone if it fits their agenda. They want to live in a world created for themselves, and they arent willing to create it themselves. They want to live on the fruits of someone elses labor, while completely refusing to be the laborer for someone else.

No comments: